Hopes and wishes for 11th Edition

Sea Dragon

Magus
Featured
Apr 17, 2024
259
163
Spain
Salutes to all, friends!

With 11th edition looming on the horizon for 2026, and considering how small our model range is, I thought it could be fun to share our hopes and dreams in terms of new minatures, even if WE experience shows that we aren´t probably getting much, if something at all.

Apart from the rumours of a new Soul-grinder model with god-specific heads (and therefore usable by EC), this is my wishlist:

-Apothecary character, buffing its unit and perhaps even healing wounds, and also debuffing the enemy. Thematic for our legion, and now with a precedent thanks to the Red corsair reveal.

-Sonic dreadnought. Self explainatory.

-Jump infantry. After seeing the new kill team, I have been left craving some of that sweet jump-pack marines!

-Cultists, just some chaff to sacrifice would be neat. I hate the idea of using my slaaneshi marines as bait.

-Legion specific terminators, like TS and DG got. I kinda feel that the current termi minis need a lot of kitbashing to work well for our aesthetics, and I imagine that a dedicate kit would be a godsend of cool bits and accesories.

What else are you guys expecting/wishing for?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unicronicorn
-What you mentioned with the Soul-Grinder/Defiler FOR SURE! Would love an updated model instead of just tossing it to legends for no reason.
-SLAANESH TITANS!! I want a 40k scale Subjugator so bad, even though I know it'll never happen 🥺
-An EC-unique vehicle/transport. Something like a chariot pulled by a newly designed Slaaneshi daemon
-Speaking of, some kind of Slaaneshi Daemon Engine
-Bikers w/ possibility of the Doomrider returning
-Just more Sonic weaponry and options
-Eidolon as some freakshow HQ

And everything else you mentioned obviously. Sonic Dreadnought will always be my #1 request, and I was shocked that EC released with no sort of jump infantry. Really just as a whole, I'd like EC to have access to more CSM units instead of the confusingly limited codex we got.
But yeah, considering WE, I'm also not too optimistic towards future releases.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Sea Dragon
Also, following up on the terminators, it would be neat if we actually got a character in terminator armour. Currently, only the lord Kakophonist can join termi squads, making them lost their teleport abbility.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unicronicorn
Chaos Apothecary
Sonic Dreadnought
Cultists

EC always seem to have a woman around in the lore. I think an excellent addition to the army would be a woman chaos sorcerer of some sort. A muse character that can attach to battleline units. I use the Shardspeaker from Age of Sigmar as my Chaos Sorcerer but a character that provides a hit bonus would make our precision even deadlier.
 
Chaos Apothecary
Sonic Dreadnought
Cultists

EC always seem to have a woman around in the lore. I think an excellent addition to the army would be a woman chaos sorcerer of some sort. A muse character that can attach to battleline units. I use the Shardspeaker from Age of Sigmar as my Chaos Sorcerer but a character that provides a hit bonus would make our precision even deadlier.
Definitely more mortals would be cool and lore-friendly! A muse-sorcerer perhaps could also lead cultist units and buff them, or sacrifice them to summon demons (which would be an extremely cool mechanic imho).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unicronicorn
Sorry to necropost but I'm really hoping to see some more fleshed out rules for daemon involvement in 11th ed. Carnival of excess is already pretty cool imo but it feels a little slapped together.
I couldn´t agree more! Limiting demons to one detachment is super lame. I would love it if next edition qe can just use demons freely with our army (specially if no new Chaos Demons codex is released), like in codex 3.5. It just adds so much flavour and versatility to the army, and could make up for the tiny range we have.
 
Sorry to necropost but I'm really hoping to see some more fleshed out rules for daemon involvement in 11th ed. Carnival of excess is already pretty cool imo but it feels a little slapped together.
This forum is NOT active enough for necroposting to be a concern lol
Wouldn't worry about that one bit mate :ROFLMAO:

Totally agree though, the codex was so disappointing with how it handled daemons in such a limited fashion
 
I couldn´t agree more! Limiting demons to one detachment is super lame. I would love it if next edition qe can just use demons freely with our army (specially if no new Chaos Demons codex is released), like in codex 3.5. It just adds so much flavour and versatility to the army, and could make up for the tiny range we have.
Right?? I want to have a dope ass keeper of secrets in my army but I don't want that to limit my stratagem options to a single detachment! Maybe with the whole "modular detachment" thing in 11th edition we'll see this change?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sea Dragon
1) Bikers (Even if just a generic new models, just please make them look like retro styled Judge Dredd or chopper)
2) Slaanesh Cultists
3) Sonic Dreadnought
4) Somehow compensate absence of tanks (Maybe give us a Predator back)

P.S. Greetings Perfect Legion lovers, nice to meet you
 
1) Bikers (Even if just a generic new models, just please make them look like retro styled Judge Dredd or chopper)
2) Slaanesh Cultists
3) Sonic Dreadnought
4) Somehow compensate absence of tanks (Maybe give us a Predator back)

P.S. Greetings Perfect Legion lovers, nice to meet you
The new Defiler kinda compensates for the tanks, but tbh I love the predator and would rather have it in our ocdex! And bikers, please! They are just SO thematic!
 
My boilerplate list of wants:
  • Reissue the 'Classic Noise Marine' as a regular part of the line as a new character datasheet, renamed an Oblivion Marine (after the D-Rok album).
  • Properly integrate Slaaneshi Daemons as Emperor's Children units. (Ditto for the other Cult Legions.)
  • Expand the "borrowed" CSM units to also include EC versions of: Terminator Lord, Terminator Sorcerer, Jump Lord, Cultist Mob, Raptors/Warp Talons, Bikers (or their replacement), Helbrute (or their replacement), Forgefiend, and Predators
  • EC Vehicle sprue (to be packaged with EC Vehicles; ditto for the other Cult Legions)
  • Sonic (Leviathan?) Dreadnought
  • Fleshcrafter-Apothecaries (3-model, 2-sprue kit; like Thousand Sons' Exalted Sorcerers)
  • Eidolon (Noise Marine character)
  • Phonics Terminators (3-model kit; like Death Guard's Deathshroud; do not replace the EC Chaos Terminators datasheet)
  • DOOMRIDER (Biker/Winged Daemon Prince character)
  • Lord Novaetor/Sun-Bringer (ex-Sun-Killer character; a "big game hunter" who focusses on "lighting up" Monsters/Vehicles)
  • Possessed Vorax Battle-Automata (mini Subjugator Scout Titans)
  • Champion/Sorcerer on Serpent of Slaanesh (dual kit)
 
1) Bikers (Even if just a generic new models, just please make them look like retro styled Judge Dredd or chopper)
2) Slaanesh Cultists
3) Sonic Dreadnought
4) Somehow compensate absence of tanks (Maybe give us a Predator back)

P.S. Greetings Perfect Legion lovers, nice to meet you
dude hugely agree on the tanks. They have sonic weaponry on tanks in the books and that's so sick!
 
My boilerplate list of wants:
  • Reissue the 'Classic Noise Marine' as a regular part of the line as a new character datasheet, renamed an Oblivion Marine (after the D-Rok album).
  • Properly integrate Slaaneshi Daemons as Emperor's Children units. (Ditto for the other Cult Legions.)
  • Expand the "borrowed" CSM units to also include EC versions of: Terminator Lord, Terminator Sorcerer, Jump Lord, Cultist Mob, Raptors/Warp Talons, Bikers (or their replacement), Helbrute (or their replacement), Forgefiend, and Predators
  • EC Vehicle sprue (to be packaged with EC Vehicles; ditto for the other Cult Legions)
  • Sonic (Leviathan?) Dreadnought
  • Fleshcrafter-Apothecaries (3-model, 2-sprue kit; like Thousand Sons' Exalted Sorcerers)
  • Eidolon (Noise Marine character)
  • Phonics Terminators (3-model kit; like Death Guard's Deathshroud; do not replace the EC Chaos Terminators datasheet)
  • DOOMRIDER (Biker/Winged Daemon Prince character)
  • Lord Novaetor/Sun-Bringer (ex-Sun-Killer character; a "big game hunter" who focusses on "lighting up" Monsters/Vehicles)
  • Possessed Vorax Battle-Automata (mini Subjugator Scout Titans)
  • Champion/Sorcerer on Serpent of Slaanesh (dual kit)
The Sun-bringer idea is glorious! I would love such an excessive character, dedicated to hunting big game!
 
I'd love some updated daemonette models too... I think they should be more succubus-esque and less haglike. They don't really feel like the fit the legion of excess atm in the same way models like the keeper of secrets do. They aren't flashy enough or sensual enough imo.
I would give anything to have a renewed version of the Juan Díaz daemonettes, they were the perfect amount of sexy and dangerous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unicronicorn